The Kilimanjaro Climbing Marangu Route 6 Days
Tour Description - Kilimanjaro climbing Marangu Route
The Kilimanjaro climbing Marangu Route is also known as the “Coca Cola” or “tourist” route. It is the easiest and shortest route to the summit.
This is also the only route with the comforts of sleeping huts at every campsite with solar lights and comfortable beds. The huts are communal, and the bunks have a sponge mattress and pillow.
There are 60 beds at both Mandara and Kibo Huts and 120 beds at Horombo Hut. Bathrooms and running water are available at the two lower huts. Mens’ and ladies latrines are available at the last camp but are very basic.
All climbing groups, often from several countries around the world, share meals in dining huts providing a jovial and energetic atmosphere.
Soft drinks, bottled water, and beer may be for sale at the huts. Bring small Tanzanian bills to purchase these items (prices increase with elevation).
This route is usually done in 5 days but can be done in 6 days for better acclimatization. The extra day can be spent resting at Horombo or climbing the small peak of Mawenzi.
Itinerary - Day by Day
$ 2,310 / person
Book This Tour
INCLUSIVE TO THE PRICE COST:
– All accommodations per itinerary
– All meals per itinerary
– All tours and entrance fees per itinerary
– All transportation and transfers per itinerary
– National Park gate fees
– Transport from/to the park gate
– Camping fees
– Certified, experienced, English-speaking guides
– Salaries for all crew members
– Rescue fees (as required by the national park)
– Tents, foam sleeping pads, cooking equipment, and eating utensils
– Emergency Oxygen (2L canister)
EXCLUSIVE TO THE PRICE COST:
– International and domestic flights
– Meals not listed
– Beverages and alcohol
– Tips for guides, drivers, hotel staff
– Optional tours
– Single room supplement
– Personal expenses (visas, airport taxes, Internet, etc.)
– Tips for guides, porters, and cooks (budget $400-550/person)
– Sleeping bags and personal gear $45 for a single tent
– Low season discount in April/May